It seems that some people are always searching for that one special product, food, drink or miracle pill that will keep their bodies as young as their spirits, but does something like that already exist? Believe it or not, you may already be drinking it! A new study says that people who drink green tea may stave off age related disabilities better than someone who doesn’t.1 Green tea might just be the healthiest drink on the planet.
Knowing how to fuel your body with the right foods and the right exercise will help to keep you healthy longer. However, protecting your healthy body as it ages is just as important too. That’s why you need Life Alert Protection. You can wear their weightless, waterproof pendant around your neck or wrist while you’re in the shower, in the car, or even while you’re sipping on green tea. If an emergency occurs, simply push the HELP button on your medical pendant and you will receive help fast, 24/7!
Along with getting Life Alert Protection, there are more than a handful of health benefits aging seniors can get from drinking green tea every day, according to Authority Nutrition2. After reading these, I have a feeling there will be a mad dash to the supermarket!
1. It Can Improve Your Health: This super drink is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants. These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals are known to play a huge role in aging and all sorts of diseases.
2. It Can Reduce Your Risk of Getting Cancer: Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer. Multiple studies have shown that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of various types of cancer including: breast, prostate and colorectal cancer.
3. It May Protect Your Brain From Old Age: The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, two of the most common neurodegenerative diseases.
4. It May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation. Studies have shown that green tea drinkers have up to a 31% lower risk of getting cardiovascular disease.
5. It Can Help You Lose Weight: Recent studies have shown that consumption of green tea leads to increased weight loss. It boosts your metabolic rate thus helping you shed the most dreaded abdominal fat.
6. It Can Help You Live Longer: As a result of drinking green tea, you could be lowering your risk of disease, infection and cancer. So, it only makes sense that this green liquid could help you live longer!
Of course, no one food will guarantee protection from disease, ailments or danger; your health is determined by your lifestyle, your genes and your diet. Adding green tea to your current healthy lifestyle is an added bonus and can help treat your body like a temple. Protect that temple with Life Alert and ensure that you have many more green tea drinking days ahead of you! Encountering a home invasion, fire or major fall could be extremely debilitating for a senior living independently; but they are no match for Life Alert’s quick acting emergency pendant. Dispatchers are always standing by, 24/7, and they ensure help will get sent to you fast! Green tea may be good for the inside of your body, but Life Alert is good for the outside of your body! For a free Life Alert brochure, call 1-800-513-2934.
1. Takeda, Allison. “Is Green Tea the Elixir of Youth?” Everyday Health. 6 February 2012. < http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/0206/is-green-tea-the-elixir-of-youth.aspx>.
2. Gunnars, Kris. “10 Proven Benefits of Green Tea.” Authority Nutrition. <http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-green-tea/>.