Spring is a time of renewal and growth, and to celebrate you can get started on your spring cleaning. The increase of daylight may suddenly shine a light on all the clutter in your home. Get ready to spring into action with the cleaning tips below.
Speaking of cleaning, many home accidents occurring while one is standing on a step stool dusting that hard to reach place, or tripping over a vacuum cord. Even gardening can become a trap as many elders find it difficult to stand after kneeling in the flower bed for too long. So perhaps it time you spring into action regarding your personal protection by getting Life Alert.
Life Alert’s medical alert pendant allows you to summon help fast with just one touch of a button. No matter if you’re spring cleaning, watering the lawn, raking leaves or shoveling snow, Life Alert is available 24/7, year round and every season. If you experience a serious fall or any other medical emergency, Life Alert’s dispatch team can send you the proper authorities fast, 24/7. It’s time to clean up your personal protection so get Life Alert Protection and stay as bright-eyed and bushy tailed as a new born bunny knowing that you are safe and protected.
Now that we got your personal protection in order, let’s tackle that Spring cleaning with the tips below from Everyday Health:
- Use the in-out rule. For every item that comes into your home (new books, videos, clothes, toys), another comparable item should go out.
- Stay ahead of clutter. Sort and file mail daily. Keep newspapers until the next edition arrives. Clip and file articles you want and discard the magazine.
- Organize items in clear plastic storage boxes with lids. This reduces dust and lets you easily identify what is inside. Small objects may be kept in zip-lock bags.
- Look for furniture with built-in storage. This includes covered benches, beds with drawers underneath, coffee tables with drawers, etc.
- Donate clothes and other items to your favorite charity. You will feel better knowing others benefitted from them.
- Photograph cherished items you have decided to part with. That way, you save the memory and let go of the object.
No one enjoys the process of purging, but once your spring cleaning is over, you and your home will feel so much better. Plus, under the safety of Life Alert’s medical alert system, you can feel free to clean every nook and cranny of your home because one touch of a button sends help fast, 24/7.
Should Spring give you the urge to get out of your house, Life Alert Mobile with GPS is perfect for any emergency away from home.
This spring don’t get sprung over any old emergency medical device, choose the best by getting Life Alert! Spring into action and call 1-800-513-2934 for a Free brochure on all of Life Alert’s lifesaving services.
- Shrager, Lynda. “Must-Follow Steps for Spring Cleaning.” Everyday Health. 19 April 2011. <http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/lynda-shrager-the-organized-caregiver/must-follow-steps-for-spring-cleaning/ >.